Tuesday 20 August 2013

Results day

Doesn't everyone hate worrying?

So, my GCSE results day is looming, as it gets closer I get more nervous. 

I know that these results won't be the end of the world if I fail, however I am scared of failing. I know I won't pass everything and that won't matter but I am scared to fail subjects that I want to pass, the subjects the I actually really like and love. There are some subjects that I really don't care if I fail.

One the other hand there is also this part of me, where I don't care. I think how stupid it is that these exam I've taken at such a young age depend on my future, so I then rant and don't care what my results are as it doesn't matter. 

Then when I speak to my friends, they say how they lose so much sleep over them, worry about it constantly, how they are dreading it so much and its when I hear them talk about it like this, I think 'crap, why am I so relaxed compared to them?' Yes, I am nervous however why do they not realise that its not the end of the world.

I also wonder if people think my lack of worrying could be seen as being 'cocky' because if I'm not as worried as them, then surely that must mean I think I'm going to pass? - however, trust me I don't, there are some subject where I gave up e.g. art.

I do understand the worry as well though, for example some people have to get certain grades to be accepted in to college, and these grades may be a struggle for them to get, so they worry about. I was like this, but I chickened out of the subject and chose another. So maybe that's why I'm less worried, I don't need any specific grades to get into my college courses.

I must also say that I do worry a bit, however this worry is usually before I go bed where I worry about everything. I am a huge worrier and from being a worrier it also confuses me why I am not worrying LOTS about this.
This has been a weird blog post, one which I have written out of confusion and have thought writing about it may make it more clear in my head.

GOOD LUCK if you also get your GCSE results on Thursday, it'll be fine whatever the outcome.

Thank you for letting me right confusion down


George


(from pinterest)



No comments:

Post a Comment