Thursday 8 August 2013

Barclays Life Skills

Why do I find it so hard to decide what job I want?

From previous blog posts you may have heard that I am crap at deciding my future, then the other day whilst watching the t.v I saw an advert for Barclays Life Skills. This advert, advertised a website which has been set up to help teen between 14 - 19 decide what they want to do in the future, help them understand working life, in some cases help them get and many other things.






This website sounded like a god to me. It sounded like everything I needed to know was is one place on the internet. So I signed up for it which I must admit was pretty easy.


The websites has its good and bad parts. I believe it will be great for people who are still at school and using it, as it gives you advice how to get a Saturday jobs and work experience, but I have 2 jobs and have done 2 weeks work experience with my school; so that doesn't apply to me. It also has options about deciding to go to college, but I've already done that too. So these early stages in the 'Work Skills' don't really effect me.



BUT the website does have a good 'Work Skill' option where you select your qualities and it gives you four jobs that require those skills, although I didn't like some of the jobs it gave me it opened up my mind to .new jobs


Another good 'Work skill' is the option that lists 50 jobs with their descriptions and skills needed, this really helped me to take into consideration other jobs that I never even thought of.


As this is a new website and scheme I understand it may change and will become better and better each day. A new 'Work Skill' that is advertised to be coming soon is 'Managing your money' which I need help with, this website can only get better and I think it will help many teens like me decided what the future can bring!


So all in all, the website is better if you are less experienced but still good and useful if you have more experience. 


So if like me, you have no idea what to do with your future, don't know what job to chose, or don't know how to write a CV then I recommend you to join this website! 


CLICK HERE IF YOU WANT TO JOIN.


Thank you


George





(from pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment