Friday 5 July 2013

Leaving School

Leaving School

Everyone loves school, don't they?

cough*geek/nerd/teachers pet/boff/dork/suck up*cough. Please feel free to call me these names, as i am not offended. I am also not ashamed to say 

I LOVED SCHOOL

It's true, I'm the girl who enjoys going to school and hated leaving. Whats not to like about school? Many people say, i only like school because i get to see my friends, I also enjoyed that too, but I like to learn, learning knew things is inspiring it opens your mind to knew things and allows you to explore anything and everything. I wouldn't be sat here, in my bedroom writing this if i didn't learn. 

I am lucky in the fact i went to a fantastic school, well i think it was anyway. My school was a state school with around 600 students (yes, it was a very small school. You could say i live in the middle of no where, but i don't) My school had great teachers that all inspired me, yes there was a few i didn't like, but you won't get along with everyone in your life will you. As my school was small teachers soon learn about you and you learn about them, they get to know your personality which allows you to know them too. I saw my teachers as role models, they have supported me a lot through different things in my life, so when it came to year 11 where i have to leave school to go to college you can only imagine what it was like.

First I should say I'm a cry baby, i cry at the majority of things if it is a little sad. So yes, i did cry on my last day of school. At my school we have a 'Muck up Day' this is where we sign each others shirts, have water pistols, stink bombs and try and wreck the school. However, teachers soon catch on and take away anything they see, but its still fun!!! We then have a BBQ, and the whole year group is in the hall with teachers. 

(Katie and Me, a life long friend at Muck Up Day)

Then, a couple weeks later we had Prom, which again is amazing, you get to see all your friends look BEAUTIFUL and SMART. Then you dance the night away without thinking this is the last time you'll all be together as one. Your little family you had that you've been with for five years.

(Me in my Prom dress)

Leaving school was brilliant but emotional, teachers would tell you how proud they are, too keep in contact, to not let anything stop your dreams. They give you the last piece of advice they can squeeze in before you leave their care and spread your wings to become a young adult.


And now, here i am, i left school six weeks ago and I'm writing a blog post about how much i miss everyone already and how i realise that some of my best memories will come from school. I don't think anyone should be ashamed of liking school it is a great time! But i also realise, that i'm lucky in the fact i loved school, i understand that some people aren't as fortunate as me to have such a lucky experience!

Finally i should say, i now want to be a teacher due to the fantastic teachers i had, i aim to be like them and if i can teach just a little bit brilliantly like them, then i will be proud.



Thank you

George, who is feeling rather nostalgic and not bored.


(A State School in the UK is a free government funded school in which anybody can attend)

No comments:

Post a Comment